Oak Orchard-Riverdale Fall Festival was held during the week of September 27th thru October 3rd and was a joint venture with the American Legion Post #28 and the Indian River Volunteer Fire Company.
The members of both organizations collaborated and coordinated various activities that included:
• Carnival style rides by the Sherwood Amusements;
• Fun for the whole family;
• Food Court with cooking by both the American Legion and the Indian River auxiliaries;
• Beer Garden;
• Bar BINGO events;
• Hot Dog Eating Contests; and
• Many other vendors and activities.
The weeklong event was postponed and/or cancelled many evenings because of the various storms that came up the Atlantic coasts; however, Saturday, October 2nd provided for an extremely lucrative day.
Both organizations would like to acknowledge the generous support of our organizations, friends and patrons of this event. It was a successful operation and will be returning in the future.